quarta-feira, 19 de setembro de 2012

Help my poor English skills!

Have you ever felt like correcting someone's grammar or writing? Have you ever read a sentence and thought "this sounds SO foreign"?

Well, I sometimes think that may happen to my texts. And I don't like that. I have a goal to speak/write a perfect English, and I'm trying hard to improve it.

So, this post is basically to ask you all for a favor: would you please correct me, if you feel like? I mean, you don't have to do that, you can just keep reading my posts (please do keep reading! =D) and moving on with your life. But, if in any moment you feel like correcting me or suggesting another way of writing a sentence... please, don't stop yourself! I would really appreciate to be corrected. It's all about more and more learning to me. :)

Thank you for kindly reading this request. I'll go back to regular posts, showing you my incoming and outgoing mail as soon as possible!

4 comentários:

  1. Hiya Penny! Let me assure you that we're totally on the same boat. In Malaysia, English is learnt as a second language (Malay is the official one - but I don't use it often). I converse mainly in English and Mandarin (my mother tongue). I have the same goal too -- to speak perfect English. Guess watching English movies/TV series really help me a great deal! Feel free to correct me too if the sentences I used are grammatically incorrect. :D

    ResponderExcluir
    Respostas
    1. Indeed, Bree, watching movies and series help me too, mainly when I watch it with subtitles in English. Also, when reading books in English, or even letters from my penpals, I try to note words or phrases that I do understand, but wouldn't think of using when writing.

      Excluir
  2. Hi Penny! You're English is pretty good for the most part, it's just the grammar that is off a tad sometimes! I know grammar is the hardest with any language I almost always mess up!

    ResponderExcluir
    Respostas
    1. Thanks, Allison! Actually I'm not really studying English right now - just practicing. Next year I plan to formally study, then I can improve my grammar even more.

      Excluir